The Badger Sett

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Badger Sett

All about the badgers

4 posters

Half life - part of the Orange Box

Topcat
    Topcat
    Badger

Half life - part of the Orange Box Empty Half life - part of the Orange Box

Post by Topcat Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:04 pm

I was merrily skipping along last night shooting bad guys and blowing up helicopters when all of a sudden I found myself in a zombie / atomic fallout ridden nightmare.

I have long dipped in and out of this game thinking that it was Ok, but Jesus last night opened my eyes. It is tremendous.

Verm, Portal will now have to wait a little longer, until I have defeated this crawling mass of inhumanity.

Thank you, all.
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Half life - part of the Orange Box Empty Re: Half life - part of the Orange Box

Post by Dolphin Derby Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:09 pm

I was exactly the same a couple of weeks ago. I'd played a bit of Half Life 2 and not really understood what the fuss was and put it on hold for a bit, then I went back to it, got to that stage and WOW. I then played the shit out of that, Episode 1 and episode 2 which I only completed last week or so.

I'm now in the camp that is really annoyed that they haven't released Episode 3 yet, although if rumours are true Episode 3 may include the portal gun from portal so will definitely be worth waiting for.
    Topcat
    Topcat
    Badger

Post by Topcat Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:45 pm

Yes, I am now looking forward to going back to it and working through them all. Even my attempted completion of Oblivion has been put on hold for the short term.

If the rest of them are as good, then that is a hell of a lot of top quality gaming that I have ahead of me. I am excited by this.
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Dolphin Derby Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:55 pm

Half Life 2 is a good 12 ish hours to complete. Episode 1 and 2 are only about 5 hours each, still you've got a good amount of gaming in front of you.

And then Portal which is about 12 hours of the best game ever.
    Topcat
    Topcat
    Badger

Post by Topcat Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:01 pm

Excellent stuff. I will do them all in the first week that Sheila and Chops leave me, it will keep me out of the pub you see.

I also have Assasins Creed 2 in my sights, the ending of the first one pissed me right off, so I have to get this one as soon as possible to see what happens.
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Dolphin Derby Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:03 pm

I quite liked the ending to Assassin's Creed. It was almost a fantastic game. The running around the city was amazing, but it was let down by all the missions being exactly the same. If they can make it a bit more varied then it should be fantastic.
    Topcat
    Topcat
    Badger

Post by Topcat Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:07 pm

I am now scared that I didn't get to the end of it? It just finished up in the lab with people hollering in the streets, didn't it?

I agree about the mission problem, but the graphics were so good it almost made me forget that. I also never quite found all of the Teutons (I think there were a hundred), so I may get the first one and go over it again.
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Dolphin Derby Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:48 pm

Yeah, but then when you used your vision in the lab there was all the writing all over the walls and floors from earlier people which I found quite interesting.
    Topcat
    Topcat
    Badger

Post by Topcat Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:56 pm

Ah cool, yes that was it.

I got a little frustrated with that, having spent hours trying to get our of that room, thinking that the game was continuing you see.

It is still brilliant though, I am going to get it again, I have decided.
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Dolphin Derby Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm absolutely loving Borderlands at the moment.

It's a first person shooter with RPG aspects. You choose from four characters, the soldier who is good with shotguns and rifles, hunter who is good with snipers and has a hawk thing to help with damage, the siren who can "phasewalk" and go invisible then emerge from that and do massive damage and the "Brick" who is a monster of a man who does massive damage with unarmed or rocket launchers.

You get experience from killing and doing quests and go up levels and can get additional skills and better weapons to allow you to kill harder people.

I've only played it offline so far and it is amazing, but you can also team up with people online to take on harder stuff. I keep intending to do that, but at the times when people I know are online Amelie is awake so I haven't had a chance yet.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Badger

Post by Ruby Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:10 am

Topcat wrote:
    I got a little frustrated with that, having spent hours trying to get our of that room, thinking that the game was continuing you see.
    Partner felt the same and I had to listen to him rant endlessly about it. He wants Assassin's Creed 2 but I can't tolerate it if the ending is the same. I require someone to complete it for me pleaseandthankyou. Before Christmas.

Also he has mentioned a Fallout 3 extension pack. What is this please?
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Dolphin Derby Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:20 am

I think there are 5? expansion packs. Mostly just additional missions but one of them allows you to go up extra levels and continue after the story has ended.

I never played them, but they're mostly considered to be a bit too expensive to be worth buying, but you can probably get all of them in one pack for not too much money now so that might make it worthwhile.
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Dolphin Derby Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:23 am

Operation: Anchorage

Operation: Anchorage is the first Fallout 3 downloadable content pack, and takes place as a virtual reality "military simulation" in the main game where the player character is stripped of their equipment and is forced to use the replacements provided. The content focuses on a pivotal event in the Fallout timeline before the Great War took place, namely the attempt by the United States Army to liberate Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders. The pack contains several new quests, new items, and adds four new achievements. Operation: Anchorage was released in North America and Europe on January 27, 2009 on Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live.

Although the content was scheduled for release on the PlayStation 3 in June 2009, the final week of June's PlayStation Store updates did not include Operation Anchorage. Bethesda released information suggesting that the DLC is taking so long to come out for the PS3 due to the fact that they wanted to iron out all of the bugs before release as well as test compatibility between DLCs. The Operation: Anchorage along with The Pitt was released on October 1 2009 for PS3.

The Pitt

The Pitt is the second downloadable content pack, and allows the player to journey to the industrial raider town known as The Pitt, in the remains of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The pack features several new weapons such as the auto axe, new armor and clothing items, four achievements and around four to five hours of gameplay.

The Pitt was released on March 24, 2009 on Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live, but was quickly removed due to glitches in the gameplay which made the Xbox 360 version of the expansion unplayable. Further investigation was performed by Bethesda and Microsoft, and according to a Bethesda's official Twitter, as of 10:00am PST on March 25 2009, the expansion was again being uploaded to Xbox Live, and was again made available that afternoon. For those who downloaded it on March 24 in the morning, glitches were still apparent. A new version was available on Xbox Live on April 2, fixing freezing issues many players had encountered with the previous content of The Pitt.

A retail disk was released at the end of May, 2009] containing this and the Operation: Anchorage expansion packs. It was released for Xbox 360 and Games for Windows. The expansion packs are copied to the hard drive and function as it would had it been downloaded.

This pack was released for the Playstation 3 at the same time as Operation Anchorage on October 1, 2009.

Broken Steel

Broken Steel is the third downloadable content pack, and continues the story of Fallout 3 by altering the ending of the game. If the player personally activated Project Purity, the player's subsequent death is retconned and they instead fall into a coma. Two weeks later, the player joins the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and helps rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave once and for all. The pack also raises the game's level cap from 20 to 30. It includes 3 main quests and 3 side-quests. Three Dog has new dialogue in this expansion, but no new songs are added. The new weapons in Broken Steel, including the Tesla Cannon, are some of the most powerful weapons in Fallout 3.

Broken Steel was released on May 5, 2009 on Xbox Live and Games for Windows - Live (GFWL). It was quickly removed from GFWL due to bugs which made the PC version of the expansion unplayable. Bethesda has stated that the problem lay with GFWL and that Microsoft was fixing the issue. Broken Steel was re-released on May 7 on Games For Windows live. Some Xbox 360 users have reported a bug that prevents them from activating Project Purity, resulting in the plot elements added by the DLC being inaccessible. PC users report that changes caused by Broken Steel and the 1.5 patch adversely affect mods to the game.

This pack was the first released for the PS3 version of the game due to it being the most requested DLC for the game. This is primarily due to the continuation of the story past the game's original ending, and for the raise in the level cap from level 20 to 30, as many complained that the cap could be reached far too quickly in playing the game's main campaign. Bethesda announced on their official website that "The first DLC for PlayStation 3, Broken Steel, [was] made available on September 24 in English territories and will be followed by the release of Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt on October 1, and Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta on October 8."

Point Lookout

Point Lookout is the fourth downloadable content pack, and takes place in Point Lookout State Park in Maryland. Unlike other areas in Fallout, no bombs were dropped on Point Lookout. Humanity has left it behind and it is now described as a large swamp wasteland. This pack has new enemies called swampfolk, who are inbred hillbillies that openly attack with weapons such as axes, shovels and double barrelled shotguns. Other enemies include the Tribals cult. Developers state that unlike the previous content packs, Point Lookout will have a fully explorable wasteland. Point Lookout was released on June 23, 2009 for the Xbox 360 and the PC and on October 8, 2009 for the PlayStation 3

Mothership Zeta

Mothership Zeta is the fifth and final downloadable content pack, and follows the main character after being abducted by aliens when going to explore a mysterious radio transmission from the Alien Crash Site. It takes place entirely on an alien spacecraft and is a similar size to Operation Anchorage, and has a similar emphasis on combat as that DLC had. It was released on August 3, 2009 for the Xbox and PC and October 8th, 2009 for the Playstation 3 with Point Lookout
    Luther
    Badger

Post by Luther Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:31 am

Anyone else stuck on level one of 'ball and cup'? I keep flicking up the ball, but it just won't go in the fucking cup.
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Dolphin Derby Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:20 am

It's a tough one Luther. What you have to do is flick the ball up. Now, in one smooth motion you need to make sure the cup is underneath where the ball is going to land. HOWEVER, and this is the bit where most people make the mistake. You need to make sure that the opening of the cup is facing upwards. If it is facing towards the ground, it makes it much much harder to get the ball into the cup. Almost impossible.

With the opening facing towards where the ball is coming from you have a much grater chance of success.

Good luck with it. I've never managed to pass level 2 of that game which is the one where they introduce the rotating blades.
    Luther
    Badger

Post by Luther Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:05 am

I think I'll stick to chucking my own excrement at the neighbours' garage, thanks. There's one thing I really excel at.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:59 am