The Badger Sett

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Badger Sett

All about the badgers

+4
Marmalade Fires
Brightside
Dolphin Derby
Lucretia
8 posters

Well, then, exactly how cold are you?

Lucretia
    Lucretia
    Wanker
    Wanker

Well, then, exactly how cold are you? Empty Well, then, exactly how cold are you?

Post by Lucretia Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:41 pm

I am cocking freezing.
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Well, then, exactly how cold are you? Empty Re: Well, then, exactly how cold are you?

Post by Dolphin Derby Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:50 pm

I'm really warm. I might take my jumper off.
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Well, then, exactly how cold are you? Empty Re: Well, then, exactly how cold are you?

Post by Dolphin Derby Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Although I'd then have to put it back on when I go for a fag so I may not bother.
    Lucretia
    Lucretia
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Lucretia Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:00 pm

The man who kills squirrels has just been round and apparently his gas pipes have frozen. Serves him right for killing squirrels, doesn't it, then?
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:08 pm

I now know who squirrel man is.

I'm going to get a disease due to fact that it's freezing outside, quite cold in my house and like a frigging sauna in my office. I'm not sure what disease I'll get because I'm transfering between all three zones, but I hope it means I can still use the internet for deliveries of food, but means I don't have to come into the office, and whatever food I do eat gets burned up quickly so to ensure the weight drops off me.

And why are you still smoking, Dolphin??
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Dolphin Derby Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Because I'm at work and it gets me away from my desk for a few minutes.
    Marmalade Fires
    Marmalade Fires
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Marmalade Fires Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:16 pm

The office is warm, outside is cold (but beautifully bright) and the house is moderately warm when the heating is on, and Baltic when it's not. I was cold in bed the other day, and the cat helpfully lay across my face. Very Happy

I want to know what good squirrel killa thinks that killing the odd squirrel will do. Perhaps he just thinks they taste nice.
    Lucretia
    Lucretia
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Lucretia Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:13 pm

He doesn't even kill them himself, either, he takes them to a Man in Eskdale. Anyway, the squirrels use his traps as props to get on my peanuts, so he's serving some purpose. Smile
    Sofa
    Sofa
    Badger

Post by Sofa Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:28 pm

I am cold, very cold. Oil fired heating and open fires combined with single glazed iron framed windows don't make for a warm home.

Can someone send me some free double glazing asap? Many thanks.
    Cerise
    Cerise
    Badger

Post by Cerise Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:28 am

I am warm but my heating bills will make me pay!

We did not get the snow we were warned about last night. I need to go and give the birds their breakfast.
    Lucretia
    Lucretia
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Lucretia Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:17 pm

We have two oil filled radiators to supplement the storage heaters. They've not been off for weeks now. It's slightly warmer today, though. I fear snow later.
    Marmalade Fires
    Marmalade Fires
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Marmalade Fires Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:56 pm

Lucretia wrote:He doesn't even kill them himself, either, he takes them to a Man in Eskdale. Anyway, the squirrels use his traps as props to get on my peanuts, so he's serving some purpose. Smile

Superb. Very Happy

Cerise, I am also dreading the heating bill.
    Lucretia
    Lucretia
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Lucretia Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:58 pm

There was a squirrel on the sewed tray this morning, nomming the sunflower hearts. resolutely ignoring the traps. I am pleased.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Badger

Post by Ruby Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:14 pm

I am COLD. I fear the heating bill also. I am worried afresh about Peak Oil.
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Dolphin Derby Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:46 pm

It all appears to be thawing out down here Hoorah.

As a celebration of that fact, here is a cat having a nap on a pig.

ETA - Can't show the picture here as it is TOO WIDE like MY WAIST. So here is the LINK you can CLICK on

CATONPIG
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:58 pm

You look warm and toasty there, Dolphin D. Your skirtings look manky though silent

I can't feel my toes as they are so bloody cold. Glad it seems to be thawing for others mind.
    Sofa
    Sofa
    Badger

Post by Sofa Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:14 pm

It seems to be thawing out here too. I can actualy see the grass in the garden for the first time in about a week.
    Lucretia
    Lucretia
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Lucretia Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:46 pm

I just went to see someone in another department and got snowed on, on my head.
    Sofa
    Sofa
    Badger

Post by Sofa Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:16 pm

I want more snow. We didn't get enough to close our local schools or stop people from working.
    mojojojo
    mojojojo
    Badger

Post by mojojojo Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:00 pm

I am not cold today!

It was 0 degrees this morning, but the car hadn't frosted too much, and the little path I had shovelled through the ice to the car had stayed clear. The schools were both open, and the trains were all running.

I was still late, but that was largely due to me driving off leaving the car's water cap on the wall.
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:17 pm

The school here hasn't been open since before Christmas, which is bloody maddening.

Things are thawing a bit here this afternoon, but the Met office have issued a warning with a promise of 8-12 inches for tomorrow.

Were you buggered after shovelling the ice/snow, Moje? I could barely stand up straight after doing the pavement outside my drive, it may be that I'm an unfit mess mind.
    mojojojo
    mojojojo
    Badger

Post by mojojojo Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Brightside wrote:Were you buggered after shovelling the ice/snow, Moje? I could barely stand up straight after doing the pavement outside my drive, it may be that I'm an unfit mess mind.

Indeed I was cheers My back is still hurting now. I really wanted to stop halfway through, but that would have been embarrassing!
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:50 pm

I was able to stop before I was finished, mainly as it was dark and I convinced myself that nobody was looking at me. Although in all honesty, the neighbours were probably sniggering in their windows, thinking I was a foolish (high heeled boots), lazy arsed mare. I just pretended I was done and tapped the snow off my shovel purposefully Very Happy
    mojojojo
    mojojojo
    Badger

Post by mojojojo Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:57 pm

My neighbour came out to watch - and to tell me that I was opening myself up to liability if someone slipped on it! This lead me into another where-have-all-the-grit-boxes-gone-style rant. I'm sure it used to be the case that you would be liable if you didn't clear your path, not if you bloody did!
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:06 pm

mojojojo wrote:My neighbour came out to watch - and to tell me that I was opening myself up to liability if someone slipped on it!

No! Cheeky sod. I did actually wonder when I was scraping the path* outside my house, whether I was making it worse and more slippery for me than the thick snow mind.

*1 foot of it before I was panting again.

This lead me into another where-have-all-the-grit-boxes-gone-style rant.

Yes! I was thinking the same about the snow ploughs too. I'm sure they were more prevalent back then too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:07 pm