The Badger Sett

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Badger Sett

All about the badgers

+4
Marmalade Fires
Vanilla
Dolphin Derby
Brightside
8 posters

It'll be all over this time next week

Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

It'll be all over this time next week Empty It'll be all over this time next week

Post by Brightside Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Every year without fail, I'm normally rushing around starting and trying to finish my Christmas shop at about this point, and every bloody year, I have loads of people asking me "Are you all ready then?" and I feel like a Failed Person as I mumble "Umm, not quite" But this year when I am organised, no bastard has asked me!

Someone ask me if I'm ready, please. Are you all prepared? How are your list of To Dos going? Are you looking forward to it?
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

It'll be all over this time next week Empty Re: It'll be all over this time next week

Post by Dolphin Derby Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Are you ready for christmas yet Brightside? I'm not!
    Vanilla
    Vanilla
    Badger

It'll be all over this time next week Empty Re: It'll be all over this time next week

Post by Vanilla Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:14 pm

I'm pretty much all done although I still need to get something for my aunt and gran. I know what to get them though and just need to collect them on my way home from work tomorrow. The only other things needing doing are cleaning the flat, packing, getting my hair done and brows waxed and then out for dinner on Tuesday. Jobs a good 'un santa
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:37 pm

Excellent post there, Dolphin, it's given you a green line too. What have you got left to do then?

And aren't you off up to Glasgow for Christmas, Sky? I've got cleaning and waxing to do too, but there is no panic.
    Vanilla
    Vanilla
    Badger

Post by Vanilla Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:44 pm

Yup. We need to leave the flat around 5.45 on Wednesday morning to be on a train leaving Kings X at 7 Neutral

I've never had my legs waxed before. Does it really hurt that much? More than epilating?
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Dolphin Derby Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:56 pm

I've got to buy presents and get stuff to cook with. So pretty much everything. I have bought one present.
    Vanilla
    Vanilla
    Badger

Post by Vanilla Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Did you buy Jeremy that amber brooch thing you posted about?
    Dolphin Derby
    Dolphin Derby
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Dolphin Derby Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:34 pm

I did. That is the only thing I have. I am doing well.
    Vanilla
    Vanilla
    Badger

Post by Vanilla Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:38 pm

Yebbut she'll be too knackered to notice a lack of other presents and Amelie is too young to need anything other than a santa/reindeer/snowman outfit so that you can point and laugh, take pics and tease her when she's 18. All that's left is a bit of food shopping. Easy peasy cheers

You may find yourself single and homeless by the 26th if you follow my advice.
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:00 pm

Vanilla wrote:
    I've never had my legs waxed before. Does it really hurt that much? More than epilating?

I've never epilated, I think I would probably die if I did; I am ridiculous when it comes to pain. Waxing would always hurt me more on shin bones and inner thighs. And, it's always worse the morning after drinking too for some reason. I'd always take two paracetamol and two ibuprofen beforehand, which seems extreme but it helps. The same way 2 valium help just before a scrape and polish or a smear. I've given up leg waxing now and shave, but unfortunately I can't shave the lip area[/bear]

I'm sure that buying everything this week when it's so close to Christmas will make it more exciting, Dolf; at least that's what I used to say to convince myself every year silent
    Marmalade Fires
    Marmalade Fires
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Marmalade Fires Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:43 pm

Brightside wrote:[/bear]

But what kind of bear?

I have never paid for a wax, but I have waxed most bits of me at some point in my life; I don't find it too gruesome, but never found it that proficient, either. I'm sure a professional wax would be different, mind.

I am more or less ready for christmas; all presents but my brother's have been bought, and as I am essentially still a child, I don't need to worry about food. One parent or another will do that for me. [/spoilt] I have yet to start wrapping, but am far too knackered to think about it today. Today has been busy.
    Vanilla
    Vanilla
    Badger

Post by Vanilla Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:48 pm

I can remember the first time I epilated my legs. It took me four hours and there was a lot of tears and screaming silent Hopefully the waxing will be over too quickly for me to notice.

I still need to wrap my presents but I'm quite looking forward to it as I enjoy doing it. Puzz's will be done on Thursday afternoon and I'll do everyone elses in the evening whilst we eat baked Camembert, drink wine and listen to Motown Christmas songs santa
    Marmalade Fires
    Marmalade Fires
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Marmalade Fires Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:05 pm

I have never epilated, but I have laboriously plucked places that plucking probably was never intended for. Shocked
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Badger

Post by Ruby Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:44 am

Leg waxing is fine. Don't have your armpits waxed.
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 am

Marmalade Fires wrote:I have never epilated, but I have laboriously plucked places that plucking probably was never intended for. Shocked

Oh I adore a good pluck, I used to love plucking the hairs when they came back on my knees after waxing. And as I think I've mentioned before, I love the plucking of my chin hairs. [/veryhairy-unidentifiable-bear]

Although I think I'd be done for ABH if a beautician tried to wax my armpit.
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:36 am

I've just smugly signed into to Tesco.com, thinking I'd gently amble through my Christmas food shop, happily thinking about all the poor fuckers who have to stress around the store, and queue and spend more than they were planning to - then I look and every bolloxing delivery slot is taken up over the next week. Cunts. If I were a hacker, I'd hack the bastard's site and make sure it was down until 7th Jan. It'll be all over this time next week 190157
    Marmalade Fires
    Marmalade Fires
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Marmalade Fires Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:36 am

There are certain parts that're great to pluck, and certain other parts that most certainly aren't. Very Happy

I have never, nor would I ever, wax my armpits. That sounds horrific.
    mojojojo
    mojojojo
    Badger

Post by mojojojo Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Waxing is not more painful than epilating, Sky.

I am almost ready! The house is momentarily tidy*, very nearly all the presents are purchased (and the rest are only extras if I can get them). I am waiting on Amazon for a couple of will-they-won't-they arrivals, but meh.

I have chicken, and BR bought some veg yesterday (will they keep though?). We have cheese and booze but I think possibly more food is needed than this. Oh, and I think we have every type of festive cake and confection known to man.

It seems wrong to have to work for the next three and a half cocking days though.

* I must try to find the Turtler who advised me to clean my bathroom grouting with bleach and a toothbrush! I fear they may have been teasing, but my grout is very clean now!
    Marmalade Fires
    Marmalade Fires
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Marmalade Fires Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Moh-joh-johhhh-johhhh, do you know it's Christmas time! It'll be all over this time next week Sing

*cough*

I realised how well that fitting the other night, and was delighted, probably more delighted than I should admit to. Very Happy

I am going to have to take that grouting advice, though. Our grouting is a disgrace.
    mojojojo
    mojojojo
    Badger

Post by mojojojo Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:01 pm

santa I don't even know what you are singing!

Is that a Brighty-style "cough", or are you hinting that the grouting advice was yours? :slow:
    Marmalade Fires
    Marmalade Fires
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Marmalade Fires Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:14 pm

To the tune of Feed the World. Very Happy

The cough was in general embarrassment. Very Happy Not my advice, unfortunately, far too practical to come from me. Very Happy
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Tesco was truly, utterly fucking manic. I also got shouted and sworn at in the car park by a horrible, mean, skinny chavwoman who had greasy hair and 400 children. If I didn't have a child and a job, and she didn't look like she probably had arse antlers and a criminal record, I would have decked her It'll be all over this time next week 164610 as it is, I didn't. I am never going into a supermarket again for the rest of my fucking life though. They're all fucking animals out there.
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:01 pm

I'm also impressed with Mojojo's food haul, are you like me though; in that you think you've bought so much that you think you won't have to shop for a month, but in reality, you'll be back lining the bastard's pockets in about 6 days?
    Marmalade Fires
    Marmalade Fires
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Marmalade Fires Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Why were you shouted at Brights?
    Brightside
    Brightside
    Wanker
    Wanker

Post by Brightside Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:08 am

I apparently almost reversed over some of her children. It's irrelevant of course that I didn't (!) never mind the fact they shouldn't have been walking on the cocking road area anyway given there was a path four feet from their lazy arsed chopsy selves.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:55 am